Cultural Center of Trenčín is a contributory organisation established by the Trenčín Self-Governing Region. Its main mission in Trenčín as a regional cultural institution is to actively contribute to the target development of culture and education based on the interests and needs of citizens in the territorial jurisdiction of the Trenčín, Nové Mesto nad Váhom and Bánovce nad Bebravou districts.
Within its mission it is particularly responsible for:
- providing advisory services to people responsible for educational activities, acting as a professional-advisory, educational, methodical and information and documentation centre;
- organising creative activities in various areas of cultural and educational activitity and in participating in preserving, protecting and making accessible the values of folk culture;
- professional and organisational co-operation in the preparation and carrying out of cultural-social and educational events of regional, subregional and international character;
- providing and organising cultural activities of a local and regional nature for specific population groups;
- carrying out advertising and promotional activities associated with the preparation of events, where the centre is the organiser or co-organiser; and
- establishing co-operation with other legal and natural persons engaged in cultural and educational activities in the Slovak Republic and abroad.